Guitars: Anyone have experience with Ibanez RG1570?

Skummel Maske

I've been in the market for a new guitar for a while now. I've been looking for a guitar that's better than the entry-level guitars I've got now, I'm looking for some real quality this time around. With Norwegian prices being alot higher than US prices, I guess the best illustration of my price level is to tell you the RG1570 is just out of my price range, but my local guitar center will give me a discount if I go for it.

I love Ibanez guitars, and Nekofrog's guide to their tremolo systems helped narrow my search. I want a guitar with a tremolo system (and tuners) that doesn't go shit out of tune, and which has both humbuckers and a single coil. So this guitar is the one choice I ended up with.

Does anyone have any experience with this guitar, or eventually knows a viable alternative? Are there any design flaws, anything to be aware of?

Thanks for your time.

I've had one for years. It is easiest guitar to play that I've ever put my hands on. Tremolo stays in tune for as long as you'd ever need it to. If you want to hear it, listen to any of my remixes. It is a shred/metal machine, but can do any kind of sound pretty well. The neck is unbelievably thin, some people don't like this feature but I think its great. I've had no problems with it that I can remember.

I would note that the stock pickups, while very high output, aren't amazing (though they are good for the price I suppose). If you do by one, bear in mind that you might eventually want to replace the pickups.

Any other specific questions?

Oh, brilliant! Ibanez stock pickups usually are rather cheap, after what I've gathered, but they'll do for a while. Swapping out the stock pickups after a while is something I already take for granted that I'll do, so that's no problem. ;)

Do you still use the stock pickups? If so, could you perhaps send me some clips of the raw sound? Are the machine heads good? (Those on my old guitar are somewhat loose, which I think might be one of the reasons it goes out of tune so easily) And are there any signs of "dead spots" or anything like it? I wouldn't expect so on a guitar on this level, but I've got to be sure.