Super Mario Bros. - Overworld Remix "Mushroom Destiiny RPG"

RemixedT

This is an orchestral arrangement of Super Mario Bros. Overworld in E flat major, with some minor original parts, and at the end, the Death theme from Super Mario Bros.

MP3 - http://tmail21.googlepages.com/MushroomDestiny.mp3

Okay, I made another version earlier, but then, it didn't sound quite as good at I think this one was, but back then, I didn't have FLStudio. But since I lost my Windows computer and had to switch to Linux, I lost the MIDI, so when I got FLStudio (demo, by the way), the MIDI was still gone. But luckily, today, I decided to make another MIDI, using memory, on Finale Notepad. Note that I decided not to use it as much on Linux, but today, I had to use Finale Notepad, because it's easier that way. So here it is, the new version of it.

Here's the old one in case you want a reference to what did in the past - http://tmail21.googlepages.com/Mushroomdestiny.mp3

So, enjoy, and I hope you like it. Oh, also, this was for a fanfiction.net forum RPG called Mushroom Destiny RPG, forum made by a fanfiction.net user, HyperInuyasha.

The whole things feels off. Foremost among the problems are the levels. The gong crashes are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy louder than the other instruments in a really weird way. It's hard to judge this as orchestral because there's typically only one or two instruments going at once, and they chop their notes. As you said, almost no variation from the source.

This sounds like fine practice, but not a very strong remix. Add a lot of layering, play with levels, play with the arrangement if you wanted something to really spark the listener's interest.