My first ever creation - Ace Attorney: Cornered Theme Remix

LightSamus

So I finally managed to get Fruityloops working and this is my first result:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qlzrnoivr2r

It's a remix of the Cornered theme from the first Phoenix Wright game.

It's not much but I've never even attempted anything like this before so go easy on me. Is t a good start? All I've done so far is take a midi and tweak it but I like the result.

Source:

Thanks! ^_^

Good pick for a mix, this is cool tune.

I guess this is what I'd say about MIDI robbing:

If you're going to just take a MIDI and add new instruments, they have to be more compelling and more interesting than the originals'. Your mix gives a much softer and less driving interest than the original, not to be harsh on you, but as a listener, I have no reason to prefer yours above the source.

I guess what I'm saying is, listen closely to the track and try to out-do what it already does well. Either that, or try to accomplish something new that the original doesn't. Otherwise, it's just an exercise.

With that said, I'm sure you got some great practice out of doing this and I look forward to hearing what else you come up with.

Not bad for a first go. Sneak hit it on the head. Try something different. My favorite part of your mix was the xylophone. Maybe you could slow the beat down, aim for a more touching rendition. "Ace Attorney: C-minored" perhaps (what a cheesy twist on cornered, huh). Build a slower melody built around the xylophone parts, less technoey.

It'd sure instantly improve the quality, given how weak the bass you got there is. It could provide you a very easy way to make a remix that you can call yours. And definitely stick with phoenix wright, I love that game's music.