*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'DidjeriDon't Do It'

Liontamer

Alecto & Redbeard

Joanna Elkins and Ira Crain

alectonox@gmail.com, sexdrugs_n_redbeard@yahoo.com

User ID 26576,

Final Fantasy VI: 'The Veldt Theme'

Created in Reason

Redbeard is a drummer who has been producing music for years, and Alecto is a gaming maniac who has been playing since the Atari.

Thank you for your consideration,

Alecto & Redbeard

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "Wild West" (ff6-117.spc)

Heard what seemed like some crackles/pops in the intro. 1:08 picked up the energy a bit with some beats, but the texture felt pretty empty. Really during the whole thing, the beats seem flimsy. The sequenced woodwind part at 2:18 has a sour note; I know it's supposed to be an arrangement, so there's no point off simply because that one note was changed, but it still sounded off.

2:52 moved into another take on the melody. It's definitely an interpretive take, but the way everything combines together doesn't click. 3:26 was another example where some new elements transitioned in that made the overall texture seem thin and empty.

This definitely went for a new, interpretive sound, and I appreciate that. But the instruments just aren't working together in these combinations. Gonna have to leave it to another J to elaborate on.

NO

I thought this was pretty damn cool.

Some fresh ideas when it comes to sounds. However these often gets lost in a LOT of distortion that takes away more from the overall sound than it adds. The combination of the soft sinewav-based sound, the pad and the much harsher drums needs some work to sound cohesive. Now the drums are drowning the other elements out because of the distortion and the added high frequencies that brings

I don't think any of the textures sound empty per say but they could definitely use gluing together. Another whack at the mixing is pretty much mandatory because everything sounds very unbalanced. Overall though, I really enjoyed your choice of sounds.

The arrangement is a start. I thought the variations made to the source were minor but effective. However I think you should vary things up in how you arrange the source, maybe add an original passage or evolve the chord structure. It seems to me like the sounds are supposed to carry this track but I urge you to go deeper and flesh out the arrangement too.

Overall I enjoyed this but it needs some polish before it's accepted. I don't think it's a lot of polish but it's polish nonetheless. Good luck and I hope to see a resub!

NO(resub)

I liked the approach taken here, definitely unique. The harsh jungle textures were cool and very fitting to Wild West, especially the namesake didgeridoo. But the soundscape never felt totally glued together. Reverb and delay on the drier instruments (drums, some of the synths, flute) would have made this more cohesive. Some of the volume levels needed adjusting; the drums are much louder than everything else and you lose some of the detail because of it.

I'd also second AnSo's suggestion of doing more with the source. Each section of the source is used in only one or sometimes two ways, and there's more looping going on there than I'd like. Section to section variety was great, not as great within a single section.

That's probably enough for you to chew on. There's a lot of positives here and I hope you continue with this.

NO (resubmit)