*NO* Punch-Out!! 'It’s Not Lights Out for You, Little Mac'

Liontamer

Link:

Remixer Name: genob

Email Address: g.bisceglia@comcast.net

Forum ID: 26699

Name of Game: Punch Out

Name of Song: “It’s Not Lights Out for You Little Mac…”

Comments: I wrote this a few years ago (2005). It’s a remix of the music during the jogging scene in Punch Out. Drums: BFD, Guitar & Bass – Geno Bisceglia, Piano – Midi From the Internet from waaaay back! With Geno Bisceglia’s additions...

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14335 - Track 20

The drums had no body behind them so the background felt very empty; pad that out with something else. Also, the articulations of the sampled piano and strings sounded very unrealistic. Other than that, pretty good arrangement for such a brief track. Spruce it up and it could be a contender.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this arrangement. The guitaring was really cool and I liked the variation between sections. Personalized take on the original, not something I expected. I wouldn't have minded an original section thrown in there for more material, though it wasn't a dealbreaker. It feels short at a little over two minutes is all.

Drums were weak, dude. Those definitely have to be improved. You can barely hear them, no body at all. The piano also sounded dry and maybe the articulations or sample could be improved. Strings didn't bother me, as they stuck to long notes and were background elements.

If you can fix the drums and piano, I would pass this, it's as simple as that. Please do it!

NO (resubmit)

Drums were definitely a weak link. The lead guitar could be a tiny bit louder and with some nice reverb on it. The backing guitar lacked body but that's not major. Piano was a bit on the unrealistic, clanky and dry side too. Strings, I can live with.

Arrangement was cool for such a short track but could've been a bit longer with an original breakdown or such. Good for what it is though! Definitely work more on this.

NO(resubmit)