Summoning of Spirits Album Released!

djpretzel

OverClocked ReMix Releases Free Fan Tribute Album, Tales: Summoning of Spirits

March 7, 2009

FAIRFAX, VA--Following the previous release of its official soundtrack to Capcom's Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, OverClocked ReMix today released its thirteenth album of video game music fan remixes, Tales: Summoning of Spirits. The album honors the Namco Tales series with over 50 arrangements of the classic RPGs Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia, originally composed by Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura, Ryota Furuya & Takashi Arai. The album also features arrangements of the franchise's recent installment, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii.

Available for free download at http://tales.ocremix.org, Summoning of Spirits is not affiliated with or endorsed by Namco Bandai. More than 40 artists from the OverClocked ReMix community contributed over five hours of music to the album, with interpretations covering a variety of genres and styles from progressive rock to jazz to world music to orchestral.

Album co-director, art director and musician Aleah "Kureejii Lea" Baker commended the efforts of the musicians, the largest group assembled for an OC ReMix project to date: "I truly think this project's strength comes from the people who participated in its creation. As can be seen by the high number of collaborative tracks, they offered their individual abilities and skills to each other to get amazing results." The first-ever fan-made album dedicated to the Tales series, Summoning of Spirits was touted by Baker as raising awareness of the Tales series and its scores: "All this wonderful talent came together to offer over fifty tracks in a huge range of styles, so I like to think we have something for everyone to enjoy, even if you're not too familiar with the games themselves."

Fellow co-director Kyle "KyleJCrb" Crouse was drawn to the Tales series for its groundbreaking elements such as Tales of Phantasia's graphics and use of voice acting, as well as a fully vocalized main theme. The release of the album brings closure to the undertaking Crouse helmed: "Finally! Summoning of Spirits, after nearly four years in production, is unleashed upon the world. It has been an amazing ride to be sure. So many musicians brought their talents to the table to pay tribute to the wonderful Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia soundtracks. Bringing together the largest OC ReMix project ever wasn't an easy task, but I'm happy to say that I have been a part of it all."

OverClocked ReMix founder and president David "djpretzel" Lloyd, who contributed to Summoning of Spirits, praised the perseverance of Crouse and Baker and the high quality of the album's arrangements: "This was a massive effort, requiring true grit, determination, and persistence from its directors. Like many others, I've been waiting for this day anxiously for quite awhile, and when so much time elapses, it's hard for ANY effort to live up to the hype and accumulated anticipation. Summoning of Spirits delivers on all levels; I'll be listening to these tracks and returning to this album for the rest of my life, and its release represents another milestone for OverClocked ReMix."

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and interpretation of video game music. Its primary focus is www.ocremix.org, a website featuring hundreds of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###