*NO* Tetris (GB) 'Blockhead Mosh-Pit'

Liontamer

ReMixer name: Mr_EAD

Game arranged: Tetris

Song: Tetris A

Remix Name: Blockhead mosh-pit

Alright so I was just sitting around messing around with my guitar one day and i was like, "man it'd be cool to make a remix of Tetris with powr metal" so i did. Nothing too fancy just straight ahead tear your face off metal!

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/15776 - Track 2

Really cool stuff in the middle. The usage of the actual source tune should have been more melodically interpretive. It's too 1-for-1 as is; you should show off some variations of the theme there. The soloing was pretty strong and used some of the source as a foundation to keep the arrangement grounded.

What really dragged this down were the intro/outro sections. They were quiet, the synths were low-quality, and the theme wasn't handled interpretively enough besides the sound changes. Perhaps drop those, then expand & interpret more with the guitar arrangement of the theme.

You complete in Dwelling of Duels at all, Peter? If not, get in there!

NO

Damnit, this source NEVER gets old. THANK YOU RUSSIAN FOLK MUSIC!

Intro wasn't very enjoyable tbh. The effect you were trying to achieve with the lo-fi sound was probably achieved but it didn't sound good. The volume of that section was also an issue together with the fairly standard arrangement of it.

When things kick off with the "real" part of the track it gets better. Nice playing and decent personalization. Would like more interpretive source usage all around though, there's a lot to do with a simple source like this! Drums were a bit flimsy and weak and overall things could sound less squished, a bit more airy and a tiny bit louder. The outro had the same issues as the intro.

Good playing, take Larry's advice and check out DoD! That's a great place to grow as a musician, even if you don't want to submit to OCR. Good luck in the future!

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The intro was alright, but using it for 40 seconds in the beginning and 30 in the end was definitely too long. It's quiet, it pulls straight from the source, and it doesn't go anywhere. I'd reduce that to about 15 fifteen seconds or so before pulling in the meat. After one initial run through the melody unchanged, I really liked how you handled the variations on the theme from 1:00-2:00, cool stuff. Playing is excellent. But that's a minute of a nearly 2:30 song. IMO, reduce the intro, cut the outro, and extend the middle section a little more and that's a rock solid arrangement.

Production was good but could be improved. The arrangement felt full sonically, but I felt like the wrong parts filled some of the spaces. The snare could have had more fullness, and the lead guitars could have had more presence. To fit it all in, it might require using more EQ to cut unneeded ranges (this will probably be in the lows).

Hope you see the changes through.

NO (resubmit)