DTS, DD, 5.1, 4.1 surround sound mixing??

codename_goose

i know this might sound like a request but assure you, that i' only asking a quick question. Why is it that, just as an option mind you, there isn't a section to put, say DTS, DD, or even just 5.1 mixes of tracks? this being said i know the size requirements for submitting said tracks and the time it would take to have more than just stereo sound at 320kbs.

the reason behind this question, being at my work, we have audio rooms that we demo equipment in, and having surround sound at my disposal i would like to use really nice mixes as demos. Getting people to hear the music and tell them about OCReMix is also a great way to get people on the site.

thanks for reading,

codename_goose

Though I doubt music creating in anything higher than maybe 3.1 will catch on anytime soon, here is a concept track I cranked out a few years ago mixed in 5.1:

http://brahmsbbs.servebbs.org/ocr/CotMM-Korbeiniki-BattleofChernobyl.ac3

This is a 34 minute long ambient treatment of Korbeiniki from Tetris inspired by the Chernobyl disaster and resulting folklore.

It includes a disaster sequence which should sound rather impressive on a properly set up system.