Two hip hop instrumental tracks

Two hip hop tracks for you guys to listen to.

"Golden Serenade" is a track my little brother is gonna rap to so I'll post that as soon as it's done.

"Struggle" is somethin I thought about if a song was to play that represented life struggles and this is the result.

So hope you guys like if I can even get people to listen to these lol.

Struggle - Sounds pretty good, not a bad beat at all. The whole thing seems a little muddy however due to a pretty powerful low end in your bass as well as the kick drum. Also, I'm almost positive that I'm hearing your kick knock the entire mix back and then swell back in like a slow release on a compressor. Definitely back that kick and bass off a little bit if you're knockin the compressor/limiter which is causing the whole thing to kind of swell in and out a little bit.

Golden Serenade - The kick and bass go a lot better together in this one opposed to the last one, meaning they aren't fighting for low end control. I like the stuttering vocals, but as you may have noticed in my other music/other threads, I am a total stutter whore! =P

Definitely like golden serenade better.

One tip for control some low end is hi-passing the kick and bass up to around 27 or 30hz, reason I say this is because honestly, hardly anyone is going to have good enough equipment to even hear 30Hz in the first place, but it gets rid of some mud that's absolutely not needed. A kick drum can be boosted around 60-80Hz and you don't really need a whole lot below the 50Hz range. The fat bass with its really low harmonics is better suited to tackle the 30-40Hz range and can kind of 'ride' below a nice kick.

Anywho, nice songs man, those are my suggestions/tips, take em, leave em, mix and match, all that good stuff.