Yet another Chemical Plant remix.

ArKane22

Hello, long time no see.

I have made a remix of my favourite Sonic theme, Chemical Plant Zone. There are tons of mixes out there but i´ve tried to retain the original spirit while adding some more beef to it. The style is more or less the same as the original, techno/electronica (or whatever it is :P).

http://rapidshare.com/files/233585451/chemicalFactory.mp3.html

tell me what you think about it, what would you change? I´m pretty pleased with it (specially from 2:20 to 4:14) except for the ending, which seems a bit rushed but i can´t come up with something better.

EDIT: (I´ve just realised that i posted in the wrong forum u_u, there´s a feedback subforum)

Well, first of all, I reckon it's a bit conservative for OCR. There isn't much arrangement, just somewhat simple "in-between bits."

The bubbling effect at the start and finish is a nice idea, but the sound itself is a bit low-quality.

The bass is really annoying, and for most of the time very simple. It overpowers a few of the synths. I'm kinda a beginner at EQing/mastering/etc. so I might have this wrong, but I think the problem is the EQ. There were also bits during the main melody bits where it seemed to clash with the rest of the instruments.

Snare drum sounds a bit dodgy. Again I'm a beginner at the production side of music so I can't tell you exactly what's wrong with it.

The pitch bends (2:48-2:54, and again later) are wrong. It should be bending for all, or at least most, of the note.

Other than that, good mix!:razz:

btw it's easier for everyone if you use Tindeck for hosting. No waiting for the download, and you can listen while it downloads.:wink:

Thanks! :) I´m also a beginner at EQing, in fact some other mixes i made were rejected mainly because of that.

I´ll work to make a better bass sound. What do you mean exactly with "dodgy" when you talk about the snare drum?

@Hoboka, haha, I happened to be one of those guys but my reason was valid, I was at school and only had my earbuds to listen to em plus no time to critique there. And unfortunately you don't have the mix available for download so I can't really critique there. What I do remember about it I enjoyed, although the samples used were iffy because they sounded low quality but I didn't have any complaints about the snare drum I think that was my favorite thing about the mix. You should post it again regardless if it's done or not so people can give you appropraite feedback.

@Hoboka, haha, I happened to be one of those guys but my reason was valid, I was at school and only had my earbuds to listen to em plus no time to critique there. And unfortunately you don't have the mix available for download so I can't really critique there.

You should post it again regardless if it's done or not so people can give you appropraite feedback.

That's not a good excuse! /super slap

J/K

I second that - please re-host this link.