*NO* Rockman and Forte 'Coldman Sapphire'

djpretzel

Well Mr. Pretzel, this marks the fourth email I have sent with this submission, though I think the reason why I recieved no result was because I was sending it to creator@overclocked.org. I was not aware that the submission address had changed.

I am not concerned with the speed in which my remix is posted, because I understand that you are a busy man. I am just concerned that it eventually IS posted (assuming that it meets the ocReMix standards) because I have other mixes that I have completed and wish to submit as well, and do not wish to until this one is posted.

Mix Title : Rockman and Forte- Coldman Sapphire Mix - OcReMix Original song: Coldman theme

And there we go. Keep up the great work man. Perhaps one day we will cross paths up here. And always remember, if you ever want a free game, or a few free games of funtastic lazer tag, stop by Ultrazone in Sterling with some friends on a Friday or Saturday night. I am a manager there and will hookith thee upith.

>Galen Deming

>Dj Abjurator

Must everyone do these generic electronica/dance drums? ^_~

The rest is definitely good enough for a post. I don't think this is quite as technically savy as what we've been seeing lately in the electronica department, however this has a factor of enjoyability that certainly puts the mix over the line for me. Considering the length of the mix, good work on keeping the mix flowing and engaging throughout. People will definitely dig this a lot.

YES

Ok after hearing the original (below), I'm changing this. The chord progression is pretty much sacrificed completely in this version of coldman's theme. While I'll give it high marks for instrument quality and mastering, the simplified progression and repetition thereof, in addition to the section between 3:41 and 4:10 which seems guessed at best, are going to sink it. Hence my earlier "yes" is now a NO.

D

Basically, I'm not fond of this mix at all. Given, its not enough to reject a song on, I'm still quite borderline. There are other issues I'm taking into consideration; There is some really poor gritty EQing on the synths and strings. This song lacks all the high frequency. There is also a lot of repeating. The thing, however, that bothers me the most is how this song destroys the original's cool chord structure. It plays the oriignal melody over with variation, yes, but its simply nowhere near as good as the original was in production and sound quality. Its quite simply a textbook trance mix without much originality.

I cannot reject it based on the fact that I don't like it, but I can reject it based on the poor mastering and overreliance on synth presets.

NO

Original: http://www.zophar.net/zsnes/spc/megaman9.rar :Coldman.spc

This is as borderline as a submission gets. I'm listening to a mix with a transplant in style and simplification of the original. Gone are the intricate drumwork and lead chord progression, replaced by mediocre synths in unison and basic harmony. The few original sections are appreciated, but they're not enough to hold back the dumbed-down composition from a rejection. Although there is more variation present than in other examples of "trancification", the syphoning of excellence from the original just makes a shallow mix.

NO