PF - Punchfest 3 (results)

LuketheXjesse

Thought I'd post this for Snapple, since he will be rather absent for a while...

PUNCHFEST 3 is scheduled for Sunday June 6th at 2pm EST!

n00b - "HEy SnapPleMan, wuts PUCHFEST?"

snappleman - "PUNCHFEST is a 6 hour remix competition which takes place in an IRC chat room. You are given a theme, and you must complete a song within the 6 hour time limit. You will be given the theme early in the week, (PUNCHFESTs will usually take place on a Saturday or Sunday) so that this way you can pick a song and learn it before the day of the competition. You can't work on it before the compo officially starts. We're using the honor system here. Read the rules for more details."

THIS WEEKS THEME IS:KONAMI ARCADE GAMES------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured I'd give you guys an extra day with this weeks theme because you'll need to listen intently to these songs. There is no method of seperating the channels for these soundtracks (that I know of at least).

THEME RESTRICTIONS - You can't do TMNT, Gradius, Lifeforce/Salamander games, and you can't do any game released post 1998. Choose a game that meets these criteria from the list below, and use BridgeM1 player to listen to the music from the rom.

List: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Konami_games

This music is more layered and harder to transcribe than the console stuff, so you really should take the extra time to learn a song so you can perform/record it on Saturday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To participate, install an IRC client (mIRC works well) and come into #punchfest on irc.esper.net!

IF WE'RE GONNA PLAY THIS GAME, WE NEED SOME

RULES

- Theme will be announced two nights before the contest. This way you can pick your song. DON'T START WORKING ON IT.

- You will have 6 hours to complete your song once we start. Do whatever you want once the thing starts, but when the 6 hour time limit is up (9pm est) you must have submitted something.

- You can use anything you want musically. Live instruments, just MIDI, trackers. Just make sure you submit an MP3 file of whatever it is you did.

- No minimum song length requirement.

- Submission is not anonymous!

VOTING

- Voting will take place immediately after the contest. Participants get 3 votes, listeners get 2. Pick your top three songs and to your first place go 3 points, second place go 2 points, third place goes 1 point. Listeners get to pick top two songs, with 2 points going to first place, 1 point going to second.

ALSO here's a quick and easy way to listen to the music from M.A.M.E. files.

http://www.inverteddungeon.com/triacesuperfan/SnappleMan/BridgeM1.rar

#Punchfest on the Espernet server. BE THERE!

Here's a few in particular that Snapple mentioned.

Thunder Cross

Monster Maulers

Mystic Warriors

Twinbee

Violent Storm

Lethal Enforcers

Open Golf Championchip

X-Men

Xexex

Racin' Force

Haunted Castle

Gokujyou Parodius (or any Parodois game)

Martial Champion

Metamorphic Force

Over Drive

Vendetta

Run and Gun 2

Rushing Heroes

Soccer Superstars

Winning Spike

Taisen Puzzle-Dama

Taisen Tokkae-Dama

so yeah noone from ocr (save DrumUltima/Snapple) did punchfest. :(

anyway here's the final results

1. Prince of Darkness - Over Drive - "The Kollosal Kotsamanidis Klub" - 16 votes

2. Dr. Manhattan - Violent Storm - "Somebody Ate My Fruit Salad" - 15 votes

3:

-DrumUltima - Dance Dance Revolution - "Butterfly Love Butter" - 7 votes

-SnappleMan - Metamorphic Force - "KONCHADUNGA!" - 7 votes

5:

-bjkmenu - GuitarFreaks 2nd Mix - "J-Staff and Chicago Blue Cover" - 4 votes

-XMark - Super Contra - "Thunder Landing" - 4 votes

7. Another Toad - Pooyan - "Pork Chops" - 3 votes

8:

-Demonstray - Metamorphic Force - "Zoanthropic Army of Four" - 0 votes

-Paragon - Dance Dance Revolution - "I Haven't Been Searching For A Man All Across Japan But I Guess If One Wants To Show Up That Would Be Okay" - 0 votes

Some really good stuff. Check it out.

http://www.tonydickinson.net/punchfest/Punchfest%203%20-%20Konami%20Arcade%20Games.rar