FL Studios Drums Help

With Fl Studios I'm finding creating interesting drum beats really irritating. the default way to write out drum loops on Fl is really hard to get anywhere with, you can only really make simple beats or spend ages writing out each drums pattern on a piano roll, even then the outcome can be disappointing.

Can anyone help me find a better way to write out drum loops on fl studios, so far i've found the hyper sonic2.0 drum kits fairly useful, does anyone have any other suggestions??

Are you linking all the percussion samples to a single layer when you use a piano roll? Or are you trying to write it by using multiple piano rolls for each line? It's much quicker and easier if you link everything to one layer so that when you write it, it's all there on one page. It should never take ages to write that way. If you are using an actual kit, I don't see how you could have a problem writing in piano roll, unless you are trying to use more than one kit, or additional samples.

If the above is not your case, then it's probably just you needing to get comfortable with FL's interface. I had problems when I first used it, but it grew on me and then it got to the point where it's easy to make whatever I can imagine on it.