Liontamer

I feel as if I know these guys like family - LT

hey hey

* Your ReMixer name : GSlicer, The Scarborough Joker

* Your real name : ?, Tyler Durden

* Your email address : ?, this one

* Your website : ?, ?

* Your userid : ?, ?

* Name of game(s) arranged : Super Mario (NES)

* Name of individual song(s) arranged : Underground theme (Level 1-2)

* Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. : ?

* Link to the original soundtrack : ?

* Your own comments about the mix : uhhh... it's different?

more info in the file.

please do not eat mp3s.

cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14690 - Track 2 ("Underground BGM")

Short and sweet, I'm feeling a lot of what's there, but the arrangement got boring after 1:43 when I realized that you were only using the first 6 notes of the source melody, and then it never went anywhere else.

This had really cool beats, good dropoffs, great effects, etc. But the usage of the source melody and all of the ideas, for that matter, became too repetitive. Once you get past :56, you've basically heard the entire thing. Needs more substance, guys, but this is off to a great start. Use more of the source tune and employ more variation.

NO (resubmit)

Hmm, toughie. I'm actually ok with the source usage, being a fan of remixes that drive one melody line into the ground. The production is really nifty, with a spacious, quirky sound and a fantastic beat. Every measure sounds a little different from the last, but the problem is there's not that much variety dynamically. Aside from the short dropouts at 0:50 and 1:29, this stays in one gear the whole time, and doesn't really have much contrast from moment to moment. It would have cool to see a section playing with the chords, or using the second part of the melody somewhere.

It's definitely close, don't get me wrong. If you decide to resub, I'd want to see most of this intact. In fact, I was tempted to go YES but there's a lot of cool directions you could take this in, and I want to see some of them taken.

NO (resubmit)

Larry basically nailed it. Really cool track with some hot processing (although I'd ease up on the filtering a bit, gets a bit grating). The beat is solid and it makes my head bob. However you're using a very small part of the source and the arrangement and dynamics ultimately become repetitive.

I say go for some more variation both in source tune usage and dynamics and you've got a solid winner here.

NO(resubmit)