OCR01117 - *YES* Street Fighter Alpha 2 'Kasugano (Booty Mix)'

djpretzel

Hey this is marc star. With the last remix I was experimenting. Trying a different style. Some people may have liked it some didn't. Wasn't rushed in anyway and i certaintly do not use any loops. Only problem is I don't have the best of equipment like others may. I hope you like this mix because I have enother one done as well. I just didn't think you can submit two at a time.

With this one i wanted to be a little more straight forward. Just taking the main theme and remixed it as a dance track and used some live instruments instead of all midi. Sakuras stage music from SFA2. Hope you enjoy.

Marc Star

this really sounds pretty straightforward. i like the several different ideas that are expressed in different sections of the song, but i feel that none of them are adequately elaborated-upon. the first 2:15 of the song has nothing going on dynamically, and it is way too repetitive. same problem with the last minute or so. the middle sections are quite nice, but they run into the same problems, in that they dont expand; they simply repeat, then on to the next idea.

elaborate.

NO

This is an interesting mix. I thought that the bassline was just about ok to squeeze the main melody into. The bridge sections were very enjoyable. Although this has a repetitive element to it, I think the mix works. I find the mastering pleasing to my ears - a nice bottom end, although if the whole thing was compressed a little more it could have been tighter.

YES

Okay, the first shouts from the game made me laugh really hard.

First of all, the bass is fucking great. The guitar sampling is fantastic. The drums are pure house. Very clever use of voice samples, although like Prot said, they do kind of get annoying later. However, this definitely has some style, and I am of the opinion that we don't have enough house remixes of stuff on the site. Arrangement fused the song into the style perfectly. It does repeat a lot, though, but after the first two minutes, it does a lot more cool stuff. The guitar is clean, just like everything else. All in all, despite some slight arrangement issues, this is some sweet stuff. The slight repetitivity of the first two minutes doesn't really detract from the enjoyability for me, so I'm not going to let that hold it back. Way too much good here for me to give it a NO.

EDIT: Hah, just realized that I said "the guitar sampling is fantastic." Yeah, that was before I realized that he wasn't using samples of guitar licks, but actually did all the guitar work. So, my mistake on that.

YES

They had killed the love of my life... they were going to pay...

!!DICK JUSTICE!!

With the heavy bass and funk-centric guitars, that was the first thing that popped into my head. Sorry.

I really, really like this. Beaty's right. We have techno up the ass, but I can barely recall any house on the playlist... if any. Beyond that, this is very well (read: cleverly) done. We also don't have many mixes that have fun with themselves. The fun factor on this thing is a solid 9.

A very strong YES from me. Now that we've done some funky walkin'... it's time fo da dirty talkin'...