Lunar 2: Boss Battle

Grayburg

Source:

Mp3: link

It's pretty short (basically ~two sections), and only one relates to the source.

I know the guitar synth sounds terrible. Not just that, but it also hides behind every other instrument. I didn't cut the mids or anything (or did I?), so I don't think it should be getting drowned out.

Critiques, please. I always read them, btw.

I've been wanting to do a remix of this theme for a while. Very different style in mind, though.

Anyway, onto this one. The main 'problem' is that it sounds like it's still in its early stages, so... quality is the issue there. I'm sure that'll improve once your satisfied with the composition.

There isn't much variation in volume level, so your melody is getting drowned out since everything is at the same level, and it sounds a bit too straightfoward (no one part is given more prominence than the other, e.g., so it sounds like it lacks variety).

I'm having trouble determining where the source tune is. I only hear it clearly in with the brass/trumpet sound from 0:06 - 0:33, and possibly in a few other spots.

Regarding the length, being short in itself isn't a problem, but it the structure makes it sound like it's meant to be a short loop. That might be intentional, but... I don't think it'd make it as a remix if that element remained.

I actually do like it, but I mean I'm particularly biased toward anything Lunar. Really hope you continue working at it, though. KF