Ridley's Theme- Chargin' My Lazer! (do not critique, thread is for collab members to discuss)

Nabeel Ansari

Ok, so here's the deal, guys...

I definately AM still in the collab, but this summer has been so busy, and we only have one computer in the house I can use. On top of that, school is starting, and my parents don't let me have a lot of time on the computer. I hope you guys understand. :tomatoface:

I'll finish it, don't get me wrong, but... Let's put it this way: You probably should start working on another remix until I'm done...

Again, my parents make it really hard to get on the computer, so I haven't had more than 5 or 6 hours total to work on it!!!

So... That's what's happening.

It's very hard to be a full fledged DAW user and being a crucial part of a collab if you're thirteen and don't have access to a computer (much).

That's why you should get your own computer it helps a lot. Trust me. :tomatoface:

If you look on www.woot.com

they occasionally have deals on laptops on computers, but there's only one deal everyday and the chances of a computer deal are slim. They actually just had a really nice one a week ago.

Just do what I did: get a laptop.

Or do what Halt did and build your own computer.

You shouldn't build your own computer unless you have a big price range (up to 1000$)

because if what you TRULY want (good video card, CPU, etc.) is expensive and your parents won't let you, then there's no point building a computer if you don't have what you want inside of it.

Just get a preset computer at best buy, they often have good ones for good prices and then if it's not too expensive buy some parts you want to replace (like a good video card if the computer doesn't come with a good one)

Building a PC requires a LOT of foresight, you have to get parts that will make it last the next four years or so (or until college) and that's usually a bit pricey (I customized my dream computer on www.cyberpowerpc.com it cost around 1000$) or if you're geeky, get an Alienware. xD Because you don't wanna build an AVERAGE computer and then buy YET ANOTHER AVERAGE COMPUTER in two years...

I have an average (a little below compared to what people consider average right now) laptop but I don't do any heavy duty stuff, just some non-dual video card dependent video games, Fruityloops, email, school stuff and internet. I might actually convert to Linux or XP because Vista Home Basic looks like it doesn't really like my computer.

I guess we should just let this thread die, then...

Hm... Well, how about this...

Think of this as a WIP on hold.

Once I get it done, I'll PM all of you, and we can get this done. I don't want to just let this die, because it is a really good song to remix, and we've already done a lot.

So, when I PM all of you, we'll get this thing recorded and posted. Sound good?

Oh, and to all of the people who said I should get my own computer, the problem is my parents. They're sort of restrictive when it comes to the computer . They won't let me get on the computer a lot, and they refuse to let me get my own:|...

Hm... Well, how about this...

Think of this as a WIP on hold.

Once I get it done, I'll PM all of you, and we can get this done. I don't want to just let this die, because it is a really good song to remix, and we've already done a lot.

So, when I PM all of you, we'll get this thing recorded and posted. Sound good?

Oh, and to all of the people who said I should get my own computer, the problem is my parents. They're sort of restrictive when it comes to the computer . They won't let me get on the computer a lot, and they refuse to let me get my own:|...

Yeah, that's parents for you. -_-

And I never said let the collab die, I said let the thread die so people won't come here expecting a WIP up.

Just not post on this thread anymore. :tomatoface: We'll revive when you're done.