*NO* Mega Man 3 'My MOSFETs Are Blue Too!'

Liontamer

Remixer name: the_montonegro

Game arreanged: Megaman 3

Name of Song: My MOSFETs are blue too!

Comments: This is my first submission. I used FL Studio 8 to arrange everything, a Washburn CS780 guitar, Cakewalk Studio Instruments plugin for bass, Drumkit From Hell sampledisk for drums, and a few other VSTs to make everything stick together. The remix is quite faithful to the original I belive, but in a heavy metal fashion. I would like to receive feedback especially on the production/mastering/mixing of the song. I always liked this song, and i would turn on my NES as a kid, and leave it on just to listen to it. I tried to focus on it's epicness overall, wich is what inspired me the most to remix the song. Hope you enjoy it. Regards

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/9115 - Track 1 ("Title")

The snare drunm tone doesn't quite fit the overall texture, and the patterns were bland. The arrangement has a lot of personality for a cover, but little structural variation from the original or development of an interpretive arrangement. I liked the soloing at the end, but you've gotta develop the arrangement more substantially and get more interpretive with the theme if you want it posted here. It's still a cool cover regardless, so no hate, but even then it's too short.

NO

Think that zophar link is wrong, here's the right one:

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/14304 - Track 1

I would like to receive feedback especially on the production/mastering/mixing of the song.

Just noting quickly that this isn't for feedback, it's for submitting songs that are finished and you think have a good shot at passing.

Production was lacking in this one, something you apparently was aware of. The whole track sounds thin/overcompressed and lacks punch, especially when the drums enter. The hi-hat is reduced to digitalized sizzle and the rest of the kit lacks power. Guitar tone was pretty damn good imo, with some good mixing it could really shine. Bass lacked.. well, bass and felt flimsy.

Like Larry said, arrangement needs to be kicked up another notch. Practically a cover this one and that's not what OCR is about. You're a good guitar player but you need to polish the final result up a bit to really make it shine. Keep at it!

NO

Your guitar playing is really nice, and I thought the intro was pretty cool, felt a little interpretive with the slowness of the take and the second guitar part. But the meat of the song is pretty much straight cover with a solo at the end. Way too short - with a 48 second intro, this feels like it stops before it starts. I think you could throw some extra sections in there that combine parts from the source with parts of your own.

Drums definitely not cutting it here. Another Soundscape summed the problems up perfectly. I think you have it in you to make this meet our standards, and I'd love to see another go at it.

NO (resubmit)