Name: So It Begins (Aftershock Demo)

Genre: Industrial / Metal

CONTACT INFO

ReMixer name: Lashmush

userid: 27698

SUBMISSION INFO

Name of game(s) arranged: Quake 1

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Quake Theme

Additional game information: Composed by Trent Reznor. Windows-based. Pioneered 3D FPS gaming.

Comments:

I've played Quake 1 for a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack when playing the single-player campaign.

So I started a project to remake all the tracks (currently accepting submissions) and this is the demo for the project

in hopes of attracting some artists.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good, but hews too close to the original for us to accept. I also think the last four minutes of the Reznor song is pretty much unarrangeable as far as OCR is concerned; it's one chord plus sound effects. YMMV on that, so I'm throwing it to the panel.

NO

Yeah, not a bad cover, and I like how you fleshed it out and made the overall soundscape beefier and darker. Not a bad job on the production, either. Drums are pretty punchy, and there's lots of NIN/Quake-ish dirt and grit on here, very evil sounding. Man, I love the textures! I'll go so far as to say this blows the original out of the water.

...Unfortunately, the source consists of about 1 minute of melody and 4 minutes of dark pad texture. Your mix pretty well follows suite, so there's not really any real interpretation to be detected, aside from the upgraded textures and production.

Bummer. I'd love to hear you cover a more melodic source tune though, I really enjoyed this!

NO