Contact Information

o Your ReMixer name: Pancra85

Your real name: Tarcisio León Drusin

* Your website: NONE

* Your userid: 29197

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Tetris!

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Tetris Theme

I always wanted to do a metal remix of the song, and finally here it is, this was recorded using Cakewalk Sonar with my electric guitar (a Yamaha)

Hope you like it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't know the source, you're off the panel

The big issue here was the recording/mixing. Instruments sound pretty muted and a little couched back, bass frequencies sounded overloaded. This needs EQ love and maybe better recording. There's also a weird pause in the B-section each time that sounds sloppy.

Otherwise, the arrangement seemed pretty well thought-out if short. Gotta work on those production skills, Tarcisio.

NO (resubmit)

If you don't know the source, you're off the panel]

haha, nice.

Well, I realize the genre calls for the music to be a little on the dirty side, but this mix is pretty sloppy. We try not to (well I don't anyway) require absolute perfection or full-out pro-quality production, but this is well below our standard as far as that goes. If you're new to mixing, that's cool, we all start out that way, don't be afraid to ask for some help!

So this is a cool track for this style, and you've definitely got better fingers than mine on the guitar, but here's the low-down. Don't mean to come across as harsh, just straight forward.

-The drums are burried.

-The intonation of the guitar (power chords especially) is pretty bad.

-Aside from the solo, the track is super repetitive. Needs more interpretation.

-Lots and lots of conflicting notes/chords between the lead and rhythm.

Keep at it, work on that production!

NO

This needs a lot of work, unfortunately.

The tone of both the leads and the rhythms is a bit harsh, and could be smoothed out.

The rhythm tone is also stepping on the same frequencies as the lead, making it difficult to discern what is going on. Also, it sounds like all of the guitars and bass are in mono, while the drums are in stereo. One track that is pretty much required for rocking rhythm guitars is to record 2 takes, and pan them hard both left and right. That will not only make them sound heavier, but it'll match the drum sound as well, and give more room for your lead. It's a win-win. :-)

The playing was a bit choppy in places, and the only real way to smooth that out is to keep practicing. The solo was a bit flashy, but the different parts didn't connect too well, and it seemed like a hodgepodge rather than the shredfest you were going for.

The arrangement is pretty much a cover, so you may want to also add more interpretaton to it overall. The solo is a good start, but some additional partwriting and some changeups of the original melody would be helpful too.

I'd take this to the WIP forum and try to get some additional feedback on it.

I also recommend you check out Dwelling of Duels (dod.vgmix.com) to continue to improve. It's a cool community, and doing it consistently is one of the fastest ways to improve on your game; I can totally vouch for it, I learned a ton by rocking out there monthly. :-)

no