Confused on what format of sounds to buy...

I have FL Studio and I also have Reason. I know how to use both but Reason is what I'm currently using, and that's mainly because I don't have a lick of vsts or anything like that for Fl Studio. The only thing I have is T-Racks EQ and Amplitude LE, and Kore Player that's all. I was wanting to start buying sounds but I don't know if I should buy formats used with Reason or use formats that are used with popular samplers like kontakt. I want to start using FL again with Reason acting as a slave so should I just get kontakt or continue using Reason?

What is your budget? I've been recommended Komplete 6 a number of times and that seems like a great deal - $559 for Kontakt 4, Absynth 5, NI Battery, FM something, Reaktor, Guitar Rig and something else... Anyway, that would be a really great start down the FL road.

If you're just starting out and you do want to go down the FL road, I could recommend KOMPAKT if you can find it. I've used that for a couple years to decent results. I think I paid $150 for that and I find it works great for starting out.

Or, if you'd like, I could send you a bunch of decent soundfonts to just kinda get started. I don't really know anything about Reason.

Does that help at all?

I was wanting to start buying sounds but I don't know if I should buy formats used with Reason or use formats that are used with popular samplers like kontakt.

Good ones are offered in both flavors.

I want to start using FL again with Reason acting as a slave so should I just get kontakt or continue using Reason?

As a sampler, Kontakt can do a lot more than NN-XT. The downside is that it's also more complicated.

A whole lot of formats are offered in EXS24 (Logic) and Kontakt format, but not always in Reason's format. Big orchestral libraries generally work better on Kontakt because of the scripting and keyswitching.

Pretty soon everyone will know what sounds I'm usin if I don't get new ones soon lol xD.

You uh, are aware that these things have knobs that are not just there for decoration, right? ;)

Kontakt's format would probably be your best bet [.nki] as it's not program-specific, so if you switch to Cubase or Sonar or whatever else, you can take the samples with you. It's also probably going to have the most longevity due to it's popularity. You might get lucky and it'll last as long as .xi or .iti files have, which I still use sometimes lol. There's also the immortal ST-01-09 samples, but normal DAWs have a hard time using raw unsigned audio... Good thing Renoise can do that plus run kontakt on top of it :3