Turning my original track "Realm of the Water Lord" into a Zelda Overworld Mix.

Draconiator

I figured I'd tackle this, seeing that I kinda thought it would work well as a ReMix. Here's the original: http://www.box.net/shared/3yhzrte3zf

Started on the melody already, and I need guidance on it. It will sound REALLY odd later, as I need to change the rest of it still, but here it is, with the melody in....well some of it at least.

Reminds me of a construction site currently, only aurally, heh. But you CAN hear what I'm going for

Is it good as is? (the melody and bass)

Here it is. Again...REALLY strange sounding later on, as I'm replacing patterns and editing others.

VERY much a work in progress: http://www.box.net/shared/x5f4x502u4

Will update that link with newer and newer versions, and I will edit this post with new versions as I finish them.

Edit 1: Updated version available. It sounds MUCH cleaner now, and the main melody is almost finished. I'm going to mix it up a bit after I finish everything else, since the judges don't like you sticking too close to the source, heh

Edit 2: I've started messing around with the melody to make it more unique, and I've almost finished the main section. I just have the detuned lead Sytrus preset to finish, which is the most troublesome pattern in the project. Think that's why I saved it for last. Next update will be the finished main section, and cleaned up project so the file'll be a LOT smaller, so I can easily work on what I've got planned for it.

Edit 3: There, all finished, except that stupid detuned synth, which I got lazy on. There's still automation in it, so that's why there's a LOOOOONG silence at the end of it. I'll fix it if something sounds out of place in the part coming up. At this point, I'm going to ask for help. What I should have done, and what I did right but tweaking would help. Think this is coming out awesome though.

EDIT 4: REMIX CANCELLED, My local CD...well not sure yet, but I have a VERY good feeling it's going to be a HUGE local hit, and thus I need to focus on original stuff.