OCR Recommendations, please!

SilentCartographer

Hail.

As I stated in the introduction thread, I have been familiar with the site for several years, but joined earlier today.

I am asking all of you that may know, if there are any OCR remixes here that contain lots of choral samples and/or Ominous Latin Chanting.

I listen to everything from New Age to Black Metal (Only symphonic, I'm afraid), bubbly Electronica to Classical and Opera... But I thrive on music that contain: Organs, ominous orchestration, operatic vocals (and not just Nightwish-esque either) and metal guitars.

If a list of some of my favourite artists would help, I will post them (However, you may find a small selection on my profile), but will not include them in this post so as not to turn this into a daunting wall of text.

I have heard the soundtrack to Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night and like it pretty well, and I noticed that there are a number of remixes from that franchise... Are these fitting with the criteria who's text I have emboldened? I also noticed that searching for choir gave me a link to a Final Fantasy soundtrack, who's description sounds like my cup o' tea.

Since I am one of the last remaining sufferers of dial-up, it is somewhat impractical to download something only to find it wasn't at all what I was looking for in the first place. Any recommendations of OCR tracks would be GREATLY appreciated.

MODS - If this is not the right forum for this thread, please move it to the correct one. Thanks!

Choirs I'm a little uneducated on. We'll just have to see on that one.

I'll admit to the same, though pretty much every remix of FF7's One Winged Angel I've heard thus far seems to be similar to what your after. I'd recommend the one from Voice of the Lifestream, as its probably my favorite. Though I'd be a little curious to see what's around; I'm not totally familiar with a lot of what ocr has to offer.

I swear, ocr needs a tagging system. Wasn't one in the works at some stage?

Thanks for the plug, Luke. :)

There are some tracks from the ff4 project that you may like:

Fighting for Tomorrow (Fabul)

Genesis of Destruction (Final Battle)

Or the alternate version of Genesis I did:

Phantom of the Zeromus

Also, a few ocr tracks that come to mind:

Black Wing Metamorphosis

Monstrous Turtles

Fortress of the Knight

Nuclear Flash

Seized With Fury

Hell March to the Apocalypse

The Twelfth Commandment

I swear, ocr needs a tagging system. Wasn't one in the works at some stage?

There IS a tagging system - it's attached to the review thread for each song (though they haven't tagged them all yet). The best way I know to search using tags is to use the forum search function, selected the Reviews forum under criteria, then enter in your keywords (example: rock orchestra)