Name of games arranged:

Turrican I,

Turrican II

Name if individual songs arranged:

Turrican I Main Theme,

Turrican II Main Theme,

(T II) The Hero

Additional Information:

Turrican is an old game for the Amiga500 made by Factor 5. Music made by Chris Huelsbeck

My own comment about the mix:

Uhh...well

It's not my first remix I'm sending to you, but I failed each time ;). I tried my best this time to make good music in acceptable quality, and I hope you like it! Made with FL Studio+some VST Plugins like SampleTank2 Demo. I didn't take any source material, even if some parts may sound very similar.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Arrangement-wise, this was really cool. Orchestral paired with some rock and electronic elements for an epic take on some Turrican music. Production can't match it, and unfortunately, makes this a NO for me. Lack of reverb really hurts, while there are some sample quality issues with the percussion and articulation issues with strings. Mixing needs to be tweaked to fit everything together, in the low-end especially. The Workshop forum might be able to give you some more detailed feedback on what needs to change. Hope you stick with this one and improve your production skills.

NO (resubmit)

Actually, I didn't think the production here was all that bad. The major problem is lack of reverb on the orchestral instruments and especially the piano, but most of the time the actual sample quality was passable, and I liked the tone of the synths and drums. Definitely focus on adding some tasteful reverb and even delay, though. Sections like 1:33 and 2:33 have a lot of energy but are overcompressed. It sounds like you have a lot of low-end on most of your sounds. Use an EQ to cut the low (~100-150hz) frequencies out of everything but the actual bass/kick sounds. This will help clean things up. The lead violin sounds were also pretty quiet, especially after the heavy distorted guitar instrument comes in toward the end. However, I really liked sections such as 3:31. The mix there was great!

The arrangement is VERY well-done. You have a creative interpretation that takes the sources in an interesting direction, and the flow of the remix is great. You don't have to change anything there, IMO.

This one isn't far from our bar. Just keep working on your production (namely EQ, compression and reverb.)

NO, resubmit

Completely stellar arrangement, I was into this track from the get-go, and there was a ton of variation that kept the mix ever-evolving, and absolutely rockin. No complaints here in the slightest.

Production is a bit mixed, with some sections sounding pretty good, and others being unbalanced. I think the reverb comment is relevant, and Zircon's EQ tips for the low end are spot on.

The only sample that I personally feel absolutely needs improvement is the synth guitar that comes in later on, and that might be better served with an actual guitar player. If that's the route you want to go, hit me up, i'll totally rock out some chords for you; otherwise i'd say it's passable but not amazing.

Overall really close, and I encourage you to fix up the few issues this has and resub- it's way close. :-)

no, please resub