MMX5 - Dark Dizzy Theme

TheKrow

I just started this pretty recently and it didn't at all turn out how I first wanted it to. I originally wanted it to be somewhat new age-ish, but then I started adding the percussion and well... it turned into more of a dance track.

Still, I'm quite happy how it's turned out so far. Only problem is I burned out my ideas kinda fast. If anyone has any arrangement ideas or overall advice for the progression of this mix (that doesn't including mixing or mastering) then please help me out :nicework:.

Update 2

Source

This is amazing.

I love every bit of it, especially your instrument choices.

Nothing gets repetitive or boring at all!

Just a tip, for the main melody, you might wanna make the lead a little bit louder.

As far as the arrangement goes, you might wanna make the ending a little more... interesting. Like a fadeout or final climax or something.

I really like it too. The drums sound good and the instruments are nice. It changes enough that it never gets boring/old, too. Like the person before said, a more climatic ending would be nice to hear, either by building it up or slowly taking it down - maybe a section without the percussion? I'm not really sure, but lots to experiment with. Really nice so far, though.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, that's just a temporary ending right now, I just wanted what I had to have some sort of finish. And thanks, dummy, for the suggestion of a calmer section and a build-up. Now that I think about it, that's probably a perfect way to continue from what i have now. I should have version two up soon. Oh, and instead of making the lead louder, neblix, I might have something new harmonize it on the left side. The lead I'm using now can get kinda evil when it's above a certain volume.

bump

Alright so here's update number two. With this update I pretty much finished the layout of the track and decided how I want it to mainly flow. Right now it's mostly ideas that aren't exactly well formed, but I need other opinions.

I even added a a small Chill Penguin cameo, but I'll probably take it out lol...

I have a name, ya know. :tomatoface:

Sorry ;D - as neblix had said

bump

Alright so here's update number two. With this update I pretty much finished the layout of the track and decided how I want it to mainly flow. Right now it's mostly ideas that aren't exactly well formed, but I need other opinions.

I even added a a small Chill Penguin cameo, but I'll probably take it out lol...

Sounding great to me. The new section with just the bass/pads and then bass/drums adds some nice variation and the way it builds up before the end is good. Not much I can think to suggest other than refining what you have there now - maybe playing with ideas on how the different sections blend together? but that's all down to preference and how you want to experiment with it. It sounds great so far, though.