One man and his droid - 'Do droids dream of ramboids?'

dummy

A few friends and I have been trying to outdo each other making C64 remixes this weekend. This was the result of 6 or so hours this morning. It's my interpretation of the old 'One man and his Droid' C64 theme tune.

The mp3 can be grabbed from http://catpee.net/OneManAndHisDroid.mp3 or you can stream it at http://catpee.net/listen/?song=OneManAndHisDroid.mp3

Any questions/comments/criticism/suggestions/niggles/anything would be more than appreciated.

Thanks - glad you enjoyed. It was sequenced in FL Studio with Kontakt 4 used as a sampler. I used WIVI 2 for the brass and LASS for the strings. Project SAM's True Strike was used for percussion - Symphobia and VSL Pro were used to fill up the background.

It took around 5/6 hours from start to finish. I mocked up the whole thing with Symphobia at first so that I had an idea of how it would sound with an orchestra. I started with the song's main melody and figured out which bits I wanted to use and how they would link together. Then I padded in a counter-melody and finally started to add chords/arpeggios to the background to fill it out. I always seem to make my percussion last (might be a bad idea? I'm not sure - I try to plan the percussion as I'm going along). Once everything was in place I added some reverb to the strings/brass (they're dry libraries) and spent some time fiddling with the levels. Finally, I made some alternations of sections of the piece already made and used them to add some variation and lengthen the song a little.