Real Name - James Clyburn

Email - buggie_buggs@yahoo.com

User ID - 29277

Name of Game Arranged - Fighter Destiny 2

Name of Individual Song Arranged - Mongol

System - Nintendo 64

Source -

Comments - 3+ weeks later...

I seem to have a theme here. I probably won't run the "Fighters Destiny" series into the ground anymore after this.

If you may have noticed, there is no "s" in "Fighter Destiny 2" due to the fact that it was taken over by another company who removed the "s" out of fear of copyright issues. The "sequel" to "Fighters Destiny" was even less memorable than its predecessor, however one song really stuck out to me yet again.

This is Mongolia's theme entitled "Mongol", which I took to be a nomadic Mongolian. I pulled my title from the definition, travelling from a far away land and ending home. It has nothing to do with fighting, but a lot to do with destiny (rather...destination ).

Anywho, I liked the flute in the original song. The small trills were nice, so I didn't want to mess with that much. Hopefully, the remix sounds original enough by what I added to accompany the ocarina and piccolo throughout the song.

I hope you enjoy! I actually made sure to upload this mix to a site that didn't butcher its quality this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

hey James- I know we discussed this one on aim and you were thinking it'd have similar production issues as your first mix, and unfortunately, you were right.

Overall the sample quality is pretty low, and near the end, there is some pretty noticeable clipping. A few samples do actually work pretty well though- I was feeling the flute for the most part, especially in the more exposed areas. It certainly didn't sound live, but it had a good feel to it.

Velocities are what absolutely need to happen, specifically the strings and cymbals. Hearing those cymbal crashes that are identical breaks the mood fast.

The good news is that the arrangement is a lot closer to passing than the production is. The shift in style works well, and the supporting parts are generally good. Some sections feel pretty empty and simplistic, usually the solo strings sections. I think some research on how an entire string ensemble may be in order to get full support.

I know you said you were gonna work on this one, so when you have an update, hit me up on AIM, and we'll go over it. :-)

You have a good start into the whole arranging business, but need a little work before you are ready to posted on OCR.

no

A cool approach to the source material, more regal and grand than the dance-pop source that diotrans accurately thought sounded like Ace of Base when I played it just now. I liked the flute trills and bells you added.

The production has some way to go. The string ensemble has an attack that makes it sound extremely fake, and I think that might have thrown off your mixing too. It gets too loud towards the end of the envelope, starts too quiet. The flute lead pierces a little and sounds very upfront, you might need to use EQ to rein that in. The percussion is quiet comparatively, and should be more powerful.

Hope these tips get you going in the right direction. This shows promise.

NO

A cool approach to the source material, more regal and grand than the dance-pop source that diotrans accurately thought sounded like Ace of Base when I played it just now. I liked the flute trills and bells you added.

The production has some way to go. The string ensemble has an attack that makes it sound extremely fake, and I think that might have thrown off your mixing too. It gets too loud towards the end of the envelope, starts too quiet. The flute lead pierces a little and sounds very upfront, you might need to use EQ to rein that in. The percussion is quiet comparatively, and should be more powerful.

Hope these tips get you going in the right direction. This shows promise.

Absolutely. Does show promise, but the quality of the instruments your using is holding this one back. Talk to somebody like Nutritious since he's done some really solid arrangements with free orchestral plugins.

I don't really have anything to add. A solid beginning, but the instruments sound placeholder-ish.

NO