New Album - 404: Live at River Road - Available Now

Olarin

For anyone who might be interested - a friend and I have just recently released a new album:

projectruori1.jpg

404: Live at River Road

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/projectruori1

If you're familiar with the remixes I currently have posted here... well, this is almost nothing like those.

This is a recording of a live performance from April 4 (04/04), 2003. It was a fully improvised performance that happened to divide itself neatly into four sets of roughly a half hour each, and this album contains the two sets that were successfully recorded. I'm playing electric bass and keyboards; my good friend Steve Mokris is playing keyboards, and also controlling most of the background synthesizer sounds; and we were joined by an excellent electronic drumset player, Aaron Fuleki. There was no prior musical planning (the track names were added afterwards) and everything was basically spontaneously composed (except for Faster Than Light, which is a tune that Steve and I used to play a lot that's based on an old melody by Skaven of Future Crew; I launched into it on a whim during the second set).

Stylistically, the music wanders somewhere between ambient-soundscapes and jazz fusion grooves. The link above goes to CDBaby, where you can check out some previews and purchase the album in physical or digital format. It should eventually propagate to all the usual digital distributors as well (iTunes, Amazon, eMusic, etc.), and if / when we get our record label website back on line you'll be able to purchase it directly from us.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully no one will mind if I bump this just once - just wanted to mention that the album has now made its way thru to most of the digital distributors like Amazon and iTunes, in case you've got a holiday gift card left over and are looking for something to spend it on. You can also stream the whole album off lala.com for free if you just want to check it out.