R.C. Pro-Am Drum & Bass ReMix

Jarski

Hi again fellow OCReMixers!

OCReMix gets equipped:

You got a R.C. Pro-Am drum & bass ReMix!

I didn't find any good r.c. pro-am remixes, so I decided to make a dnb remix of r.c. pro-ams title music. This is my best tune so far and one that got nearest to the "commercial" sound. Give your thoughts about this tune!

Link: http://jarskie.wippiespace.com/mp3/khoal_-_higher_top_speed_(r.c._pro-am_dnb_rmx).mp3

kthxbai, hope u like it :)

-PsyNES

dirtysoundfx.jpg

dirtysoundfx.jpg

The snare's not wet enough, in my opinion; it needs to have a little more slap. I'd also like to hear the tambourine a little higher-pitched.

Have you EQ'd the bass at all? if you're passing it through a high-cut right now, try it without the filter. I like to hear the bass synth in D'n'B taking up about 2/3 of the audible register, from 20Hz to about 2kHz, give or take.

Other than that, I really like it. I like the movement within the piece, the length is fitting for the pace, and the tempo is appropriate for a racing game. But have you tried playing the song at ~5-10 bpm faster? Your remix is actually slower than the title music itself.

Dieselboy has the kind of wet snare I like to hear in D'n'B,

I hope you find my comments useful, I really like what you've done.

• 2 weeks later...
The snare's not wet enough, in my opinion; it needs to have a little more slap. I'd also like to hear the tambourine a little higher-pitched.

Have you EQ'd the bass at all? if you're passing it through a high-cut right now, try it without the filter. I like to hear the bass synth in D'n'B taking up about 2/3 of the audible register, from 20Hz to about 2kHz, give or take.

Other than that, I really like it. I like the movement within the piece, the length is fitting for the pace, and the tempo is appropriate for a racing game. But have you tried playing the song at ~5-10 bpm faster? Your remix is actually slower than the title music itself.

Dieselboy has the kind of wet snare I like to hear in D'n'B,

I hope you find my comments useful, I really like what you've done.

Oh, a comment! I thought this song stays without comments, thx Pippi Longstalker!

I originally made this 5bpm faster, but I like it at 180bpm. I have EQ'd the bass but I'm not good making pro sounding bass, maybe someday :P

Yes. I like that too, dieselboys snare, didn't find any good snares so I thought that I leave that snare there.

Just uploaded a new version of it, I don't know if it's any better?

I never heard the original version of this track before, so I went to YouTube and listened at this. I really loved your version!

I specially loved how the new synth sounds when the tune goes a half-tone down (how you say this technically in english, BTW?). As for the tempo, I think it's just right. Faster would be... well, just a little too fast for my tastes (maybe you corrected that in your new version?).

I'm really interested on making these kind of chiptunes. What software do you use to make these arragements? What VSTis you use? I haven't been able to find a decent chiptune VSTi for both synths and percussion.