Phantasy Star 1 - Motavia (or Dungeon 1, or Dungeon 2)

K.B.

Calling all Sega fanboys...

BLUF

For interested remixers, it's a request. For everyone else, it's a what-ho to point out a (few) solid track(s) you might not have. I ditched this idea a couple months ago - mainly because I decided the originals kicked sufficient ass that I didn't need to bother folks with remixing them - but recently thought 'what the hell, at least post the chiptunes and youtubes so folks who want to expand their collection of classic 8-bit tuneage can do so... and just maybe a remixer will dig on it'.

Because no on else has requested any of these three tracks. Because no decent remixes that I could find (on ocr, rts, dod, vgmix, or rpgamer) exist of any of these three tracks.

And because Motavia is driving and emotive as hell.

Youtubes:

Motavia <-- the main topic of discussion/listening/remixing/oh-yeah-ing

Dungeon 1

Dungeon 2

Dungeon 1 (PS4 remake)

Dungeon 2 (PS4 remake)

Chiptunes:

PS1

PS4 (.vgz)

Trivia:

Motavia has been done in several different forms. In PS4, which starts on Motavia, it was transformed into milder, world-mappy and towny feels. In PS2, the responsible parties took the original tune and took a liquid shit on it and called it

. Well, at least the game was decent, which is more than can be said for PS3...

As to Dungeon 1 and Dungeon 2, it's personal preference as to which in-game version is better. The PS1 versions have the SMS sound, but the PS4 versions have additional layers. For remixing, one could use either version. For listening, I give it to the PS4 versions, but only barely. If you like one version, I encourage you to listen to the other.

And for those who know what a Mark III is, here are youtubes for the M3 versions of Motavia, Dungeon 1, and Dungeon 2.

There you go. Happy listening. Happy remixing?

Well, at least the game was decent, which is more than can be said for PS3...

HATER!

In all seriousness I want to second this thread! I absolutely love love love the Motavia and Dungeon 1 themes (The PS1 ost in general, really). And wanted to make more additions of sources in newer incarnations for the curious.

Phantasy Star Generation 1 (Phantasy Star PS2 remake)

Motavia <3

Dungeon

Dungeon 2

Dungeon 3

Tower (Dungeon 2 in original game)

Tower 2

Phantasy Star Generation 2 (Phantasy Star 2 PS2 remake)

Mota(Restoration)

Calling all Sega fanboys...

...and fangirls.

Sorry about that!

No shame about the PS3 comment, though.

I half-expected PSG remakes to be posted, but I had only given them a cursory listen before. Thanks for adding the links! (and obliging me to listen to them!) They're definitely good re-invisionings, and if this is to be the definitive Motavia-Dungeon 1-Dungeon 2 request thread then they absolutely need to be here.

At any rate, yes, Bo was the freaking man.