On To Bushlands WIP

WeirdoZ Inc

Long time listener, first time remixer.

This is my first real remix. It's of Cave Story's Grasstown/Bushlands. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but I'd like some feedback from the community. It's incomplete, clearly lacking an ending at the moment, and could probably do with some original bits here and there.

All input is greatly appreciated.

img.php?fid=633

• 2 weeks later...

This was nice remix, I like it! Never played Cave Story, but it has some nice tunes apparently.

First I thought this was NES game, then I googled for nsf and didn't find it, then I realized it was for Wii. :)

Do more complicated intro and give it some more your own touch to it and it will be awesome.

Waiting for the final version, keep up the good work!

Ah, good to hear it's at least enjoyable.

@J3 - I do know what you mean, I do want to add some original bits to the source, not just having it a re-instrumented mix. It is at least slightly rearranged after the first "chorus". I don't claim to be musical at all, so it's gonna be hard for me. I do hope to finish it though, so I'll soldier through.

@PsyNES - I'm glad I've gotten you aware of Cave Story (originally a freeware PC game. It still is, but it's being ported to the Wii). I appreciate your input, but the lo-fi NES intro is done on purpose and I don't intend on changing it. If you listen to the original

, you'll hear that the intro is quieter/less complex than the rest of the song. I'm trying to reference the original chiptune, but as a NES version.

Any comments on the choice of instruments or other critiques/ideas for what I have at the moment?