Button Masher - Electro House Remix Project

Doni

**I I realize that there is something going on with new project guidelines, but I'm posting this anyways. I'll be doing this whether OCR wants to put their stamp of approval on it or not, but hopefully they do!**

DarkeSword Edit: It doesn't matter. There is a moratorium on projects and if you don't have permission, you can't make a thread.

Howdo all,

I've decided that there is just not enough electro house on OCR and I'm putting together a project to change that. I think that so much video game music lends itself to the electro house genre that it just makes sense to do this!

The album will be called "Button Masher". It would be great to have collaborators join in and make some tracks as well. If I can get enough interest, it might be a double album! I've ready to make at least 10 tracks myself.

The source tracks can come from any game from any era, the only requirement is that the source be recognizable enough to maximize nostalgia and awesomeness. I have a heavy early Nintendo bias (NES and SNES) but I am open to any music that rocks.

The tracks created need to be mixable. That means they should follow a somewhat standard format relevant to what you would hear in the electro house field. Tracks should be 4 - 7 minutes long and should never fade out. In fact, if anybody submits a track that fades out, I will likely hunt them down and murder their studio for blasphemy.

Here's what I'm going to do to promote this project:

• Set up a web page for the project
  • Mirror as much content on this post as possible
  • Create a series of youtube videos (at least for the tracks I create)
  • Create all the artwork
  • Promote music on myspace, facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

The best way to contact me if you are interested in getting involved in this project is via OCR. A message on this post would be great, or a PM; whatever you want!

I have some people in mind that I will likely contact, but I'd rather get something going here before I contact too many people on my own accord.

The due date for this project is not set as of yet. However, you can expect at least 1 track a month from me. Below is the list of the tracks thus far, links to their WIP post on OCR, their completion status, video link, and any other information that occurs to me to be pertinent in the future.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully this project will be strengthened by the community. I'm doing this for my fans regardless of OCR involvement, but I believe that together we could make something truly awesome!

1. Chronolectro (Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time)

OCR WIP Link

Youtube Link

2. The Dirty Alien (Streets of Rage 2 - Alien Power)

OCR WIP Link

Youtube Link - Pending

3. OMG Robot Vampires (Castlevania 1 - Vampire Killer)

OCR WIP Link

Youtube Link - Pending

4. Losing my Marbles (Marble Madness - Stage 1)

OCR WIP Link - Pending

Youtube Link - Pending