*NO* Super Mario RPG 'Beware the Forest Axeman'

OceansAndrew

ReMixer name: Mr. Karate

email address: john.grimm@gamerarmy.com

userid: 28766

Name of game(s) arranged: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

My own comments about the mix: I had submitted a different version of this song and was rejected for it not being different enough, so I made a new one in 10 minutes after I got the rejection out of spite and said to myself I wasn't going to send it in to you douche bags, so I held onto it for 3 months, but I figured, I'll give it one more go. The first song wasn't different enough, I decided to make this one as different as I could possibly make it while still having the melody. Changed the piano effects, manipulated the drum rhythms, and a guitar with all sorts of stupid effects.

source:

The arrangement seems to be piano melody with a guitar countermelody, and some backing chords, but there seems to be a lot of missing stuff harmonically. There's no real bottom end, and the beats are canned and static.

Production is what really brings this down, as there is a ton of mud from all the reverb you put on everything, especially the bass drum and hihat. Like, excessive reverb.

No

Wow, don't even know where to start with this one. The arrangement is too simple, doesn't feel cohesive, and the new elements don't actually add that much interpretation; part of the piano melody is written wrong and doesn't work with the chords you've got; the piano is played mechanically; the low-end is incredibly overpowered with too much reverb; the mixing levels are off; the parts crowd each other. I guess I just earned that douchebag status back, huh?

NO

• 3 weeks later...