Earthbound - Twoson (Club Mix)

Feather

Hi there. I thought maybe it was a weird way to take this song, but I am pleased with my work. It builds and ends like a typical trance track. I doubt it is actually club worthy though =P... Please listen and give me some feedback. Thank you!

http://soundcloud.com/feather/twoson-club-mix

1st edit: I tried to widen the stereo field and I also notched the "knocking wood" down a bit for now until I figure out what I want to do with it for sure. I took a lot of the reverb off of the main melody too.

My thoughts as I listened:

Some of your synths are pretty dry / uninteresting, particularly that thing that sounds like someone knocking on wood that's constantly going. Put some modulation on it and give it some life. The lead melody is way too far in the background because it's drenched in reverb and doesn't have any bite to it; bring it towards the front! When you switch to the chords / pads, there wasn't really a good transition and it sounds a bit muddy. I like the synth that comes in after that, though, and that whole next part sounds really good. It starts to get a little repetitive after a while, though. Try panning some stuff left and right, too, it sounds like everything is dead center. Decent effort, keep at it!

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll try to take everything you said into consideration... it is the stereo field and sound balance in particular that gives me trouble. I do work on some pretty colored IEMs so that pretty much explains it. I hope to have an update posted according to your words sometime in the near future.

*quick edit posted

If you already take into consideration what AMT said, which is much of what I think and more, I just wanna add a few points:

- if I was you I will choose other instrument for the lead, or maybe drop many effects on it, like a flanger and much more reverb.

- you should use some higher notes on your song, it is not the first time I feel bad cause you just take the middle way.

- maybe an automation at some point will be of great value too.

Let's see how it will sound after you work on these thing we pointed, then came back so we can see how our trance track is sounding.