*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Super Metroid 'Ice Beam'

Palpable

Remixer name: ink

Submission title: Ice Beam

Games arranged: Sonic 3, Super Metroid

Songs arranged: Icecap, Brinstar Red Soil Area

I know these are two of the most over-remixed tracks there are, but when I noticed I could makes them fit together pretty well, I had to see it through to completion. So, this piece was created. The Icecap tune is the dominant one in the intro, but Brinstar comes in on flute at about 18 seconds, and is established properly around 33 seconds. After that the two trade back and forth, and parts of each play simultaneously.

The bass and drum lines are supposed to be grainy/rough; I know it's not usually an intentional thing but it's an aesthetic I tend to prefer (chalk it up to listening to a lot of experimental music where people use distortion and filters on absolutely everything).

Hope the piece is, overall, to people's liking, and my apologies for not being able to host the file.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Cap Zone,

I was expecting worse given the concept and the weak intro, but once the bass and beat came in, I started digging the atmosphere. I think the major problem with this is that it doesn't really go anywhere. You introduce new parts as the song goes on, but it never feels like it builds, it maintained the simplicity throughout and some of the new layers didn't sound that inspired. There are songs that can stay in one gear and do it well, but this didn't have enough detail to keep it interesting. With some additional variation and direction, and some reverb on the drier synths, this could really spin. (Sorry.)

NO (resubmit)

These notes aren't really workin' right. No meat on it neither. There's no depth to it, there's three things going on. There's some promise there, but texturally there's nothing going on there.

NO

-Liontamer

Too repetitive, too simplistic. If you're going to do minimalism, the core elements need to be more interesting. There's clearly some conscientious processing, but the composition is lacking and simplistic. I also don't think you can do this mix without good drums. :350:

-djp

A man of few words

Needs great vocabulary

Minimalism

-Vig

NO