Flying Battery - Remix [S3]

Yikes o_o Not holding any punches here, are we? Adding this to the list of mixes that actually made me jump when I first clicked the "Play" button...

Anyway, there's some neat ideas here, although I think there's some serious problems nagging the mix that need to be ironed out. First off, you've got a LOT of stuff going down on the low end of this mix which makes everything sound really muddy. You're on Soundcloud so you can see the waveform of your song - there's very few parts where your song isn't peaking, so that should tell you something about the way you've mixed your song. From 1:50 onward especially it just gets way too busy and loud.

The stutter effects were cool for a while but I think you played them out waaay too much. Remember, with things like that you want to keep the usage to a minimum so your mix doesn't seem like a one-trick pony ;-)

Nice attempt at making something really high energy, and I like the outro too but there's some major problems that make this hard to listen to. If it's really such an old mix and you're just uploading it for posterity, then forgive my bashing :-P Hopefully you can take something from my advice regardless. Let's hear something more current from you!

I used small earphones when I did this, so I couldn't hear it loud enough and I wasn't able to hear the bass clearly.

I borrowed a cool Atech (or 4tech) headphones from someone and I finally realized how bad this sounds. Heh. Too bad I had to give it back :-(

Also thanks a lot for the post It helped :-o