*NO* Mario Kart 64 'Frappe Blend'

Palpable

Mixer Name: Bludraze

Mix Name: "Frappe Blend"

Song Source: MarioKart 64

Song Mixed: "Frappe Snowland"

Made with Mixcraft 4

Comments:

I used a very busy and syncopated beat full of shakers and congas to carry the song through transitions, ethnic background instruments like a mandolin and a salsa-sounding piano, and steel drums to create a mess of interlacing notes with the steel drums in the forefront supplying the main melody. I especially love the sax solo around 1:00. This mix took about 2 hours over 2 days, and is the first mix I've submitted.

Thank You!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Frappe Snowland

• 4 weeks later...

I like the sound of this, as it has a distinct live feel to it, and it's mixed well enough that the weaker instrument samples are put in the background, but the arrangement is way to close to the original for my comfort level. It needs to be expanded upon and personalized more for it to be considered for OCR.

I like it, but it needs some additional arrangement work.

no

Yeah, good call hiding those guitars way in back with the piano. you know what's kind of wierd? You're hiding something else in the left channel that's some kind of percussion, but I can't even really identify it because it's so far back. What is that? I can tell it's there, but I have no idea what it is..ooooh okay at the end it's alone and sounds like a conga.

But anyway, I'm with OA. Too close to the original.

NO