HEDEFECT - SUIKODEN 2 THE CHASE (Insane Luca Blight Mix)

Does anyone remember playing Suikoden 2? Or does anyone remember who Luca Blight was?? Let us refresh your memory:

It's our version of Miki Higashino's The Chase from Suikoden 2. The process of rearranging and pretty much revamping the whole song was a "pain-in-the-butt" process. . .and that's just rearranging and/or recomposing it from scratch (i.e the second movement) and it completely drained us for a month (for just one song). The percussive parts were redone 3 times--coz we wanted that "dnb" feel--something we rarely do in our mixes. But I guess it worked out fine for us. . .

As for the "music video". . .it's crap really. . .we were focusing more of the "music" aspect than the visualization. . .hehehe, but it's alright.:mrgreen:

And uhh, it's kinda sounds different when uploaded in youtube. . .it sounds filtered. . .which wasn't like that at all. . .we still have the mp3 copy of it. Lemme know if anyone wants to check it out and lemme know what you guys think about it. Be honest, we can take criticisms very well.:-)

A lot of the instruments sound MIDI and exposed.

I'm also willing to bet the drums are loops. I might be wrong, but they sound like loops.

If not, there's no reason not to put some variation in the rhythms.

yup, most of the instruments are MIDI controlled--since we play mostly MIDI controlled instruments. Since the original was arranged in orchestra, there's are only a few live instruments used (well, I guess, it's just the guitar this time:mrgreen:)

The drums are indeed loops but in different sets of patterns. We're fascinated by the jungle genre when we were making this one. . .so many juggles, pattern tones and variations from one famous loop so we figured let's give it a go?

The variations were sort of like bet between me and my bandmate. . .we experimented on how much drum variations can we manage to squeeze out of one drum-loop and still stay in-tune.