Inspired by Mass Effect 2 when making some ambient samples for my bud-- see inside!

WiKiD

Hi there,

New to OCRemix site, I just stumbled upon it after reading about Jimmy Hinson and his work on Mass Effect 2.

Anyways, my buddy was asking for some ambient music to make for him and we while going through a brainstorming session with him I produced these tracks-- I was inspired by the wonderful Mass Effect 2 soundtrack while making them.

Some things to note:

-- I've been screwing around with FL Studio since 2002 along with Cubase and live instruments, but never really got into composing real electonic music well.

-- It is REALLY hard to get a good VST of a solo trombone or brass sound that doesn't come off sounding cheesy

-- Edirol Orchestra is fun to play with their strings, I've dunno how I've been getting by using Sytrus and its basic violin ensemble presets.

-- Forums like on Futureproducers and Ultimate-Guitar.com are really bad when asking for help....The communities are not that great for bouncing questions on composing music/structuring music/technical assistance in FL Studio... Hoping for find a thriving community of songwriters and composers here!

-- I would LOVE to become a Soundtrack composer-- that being said, I would love to learn more about the techniques used to create the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack-- like how to incorporate drums & better in a orchestral mix and using automation and effects and EQing to get a better sound.

Brainstorming Ambient Music - Part 1

Brainstorming Ambient Music - Part 2

Brainstorming Ambient Music - Part 3

Brainstorming Ambient Music - Part 4

Brainstorming Ambient Music - Part 5

Brainstorming Ambient Music - Part 6

• 10 months later...