Naruto - Strong and Strike Performance

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/337513

This is a live performance (midi) of Naruto - Strong and Strike using Propellerheads Reason 4 + Record with the Sonic Refill Collection (for the drums).

Since I don't have the best samples in the world, I tried to make it like it was 4 keyboardists performing a rock song live. Instruments are actually Drums, Bass, Guitar 1, Guitar 2 and ''Keyboardist'' (orchestral hits in this case).

I have to say, I already know that there are better samples out there, and I know there are about a million people better than me, so please be nice...

Thanks for the listen. I'm going to be honest with you guys, I'm not really looking to improve, I just want a listener or two.

I don't know, I think the mix is a bit messy because of the excessive reverb. I usually don't put reverb to the rythm guitar, NEVER put reverb to the bass, and maybe a subtle reverb for the drums. As for the solo/lead guitar (or let's call it the "high-sounding guitar") and keyboards, they usually must have a considerable level of reverb and/or delay IMHO.

The bass drum is kindof "lost" in the mix too, I'd rise its volume a bit. Also, is it me, or the hits are kind of desynced at 0:39?

Well, after all those comments, I think the track is pretty good :D You play the guitars or they're sampled? I didn't undestand that part :P

Sorry, I got confused because you said it was MIDI. I thought it was a MIDI track. Oh, nevermind. As my signature says, I'm not einglish native speaker, so I get confused often!

And man, that is a distorted ORGAN??????¿?¿? 8O haha, that makes me think: who needs a guitar?? It sounds pretty good! I wonder how you made that harmonics-effect at 1:12.

If you played all that, then you did it very well, it was a very good performance IMO.

Thanks.

I call that a distorted organ but, now looking over it, it's the jazz guitar patch. Here's the sample without and with distortion that you were talking about. The slide is something that comes with the Reason 4 patch:

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=810

Since Roland used to use Distorted Organs for it's distorted guitars on it's phantom keyboards, I sometimes actually do use organs, especially for leads. x_x

Now that I listen to the track alone...it does sound pretty dirty, the guitars...I guess it kind of works for this track, but that's probably the thing that makes it less clear.