Final Fantasy Legend 3 - Grand Vessel Of Time

luhny

Hello.

I am currently working on a remix of the song "Theme of Another Dimension" from the Gameboy RPG Final Fantasy Legend 3. Basically it is the song that is played when you are aboard the time travel ship Talon. Here is a link to a kinda lo-fi youtube video of the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90jEnCNIInw

In the past I have always tried to give anything I touched some rock style with lots of distorted guitars. This time it's my first try to remix something with clean guitars. I am trying to give this orignally fast paced, happy music which comes with lots of rythmic energy a totally new direction by taking the speed and intensity out and replacing it with the same ammount of feeling to keep it interesting.

This is what it sounds like so far: http://www.darksoulproject.com/music/gvot_wip.mp3

The guitar parts are quite often out of tune in this one, also some pieces are just cut together with copy and paste - you might especially hear that on clean guitars. Of course all those guitar parts will the re-recorded once I am sincere and sure of the arrangement.

That is actually my main problem, or let's say where I am stuck: The theme itself is relatively short, so I try to learn from past mistakes and try to not repeat myself too much. I am not too confident in putting in custom content though. There are some ideas implemented in this WIP and I would especially appreciate opinions on how the additional content fits together with the original tunes.

Also I am happy for any other suggestions, ideas and critisms you might have on this one.

Thanks alot in advance and take care,

Luhny