OCR01237 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Electrion (Guitar Mix)"

djpretzel

On 8/25/2004 at 9:09 PM, Flare4War said:

I'm very fond of this mix.

The rythum(sp? :whatevaa: )the beat, the melody, and the timing. It all just hit me the right way. When I first heard the guitar I thought it was going to be too raspy for my likeing, but two seconds later I realized it was great.

At 1:21 (I guess what you might call the chorus) those guitars hit in the background though it sounds like there is alittle bit of a piano jingle going on. I think it would have sound even better if that was just a touch brighter.

In the end..is is excellent. Very well done work.

Any Brighter and it would have taken away from the Boston Style Harmonies. The Guitar is a bit louder than I would have liked. 

Want to hear something cool amd Original? 

This is why the rythm guitar sound.

It's hard to work with Keyboards. 

On 8/24/2004 at 11:05 PM, ella guro said:

I like the groove here and the sounds are all interesting. The guitar is kind of clipped and lo-fi, but it's done in a way that's non-obtrusive (at least on the speakers I have now) so I don't have any complaints about it.

My main issue here is the actual melody - this was a really complex and developed tune from the soundtrack that had a lot of cool subtleties. Here, there are remnants of the original (played by a vibraphone that's a little synthetic for me) to make it recognizable, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of substance in general. I guess I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if you couldn't do this with literally any tune from the soundtrack with relatively the same results.

In the end it's a interesting and very listenable mix; but that doesn't substitute for the fact that the arrangement itself is pretty underwhelming.

Actually, TO was complaining because I didn't use a Comb Filter to get better separation. The "Low-Fi" sound was a nod to Boston.

I thought it was "Tasty"...

I actually never heard the Original beforehand. 

TO laid out this Groove and I heard something in my head.

20+ years later and I'm still proud of it.

You can tell I didn't use a Harmonizer because the Guitar Tracks aren't exactly the same.

Thanks for Listening and if anyone knows what happened to TO, please post. He had great talent.

Thanks for the Flowers Bro!