*NO* Kingdom Hearts 'Love Unforgotten'

Palpable

Hello OCRemix!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my remix. Here is a link:

Contact Information:

ReMixer Name: TrancErnest2010(i just go by Ernest Miller)

Email: TrancErnest2010@gmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrancErnest2010

Userid: 32587

Submission Info:

Game arranged: Kingdom Hearts

Song arranged: "Dearly Beloved"

Comments: I actually made this over a year ago, but never thought of sending it in until now. Made in FL Studio 8 as an attempt to restart my productions, as I hadn't made anything in months. Traditional/typical trance intro/outro, and breakdown. I really hope you like it. Sorry for the low bitrate, it wouldn't go under 8 MiB otherwise.

Thanks so much!

-Ernest Miller

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No knock on the production or flow, both of which are solid apart from one synth that's a little too loud and distorted. I like the woodwind countermelody added to the Dearly Beloved breakdown. There should have been more going on, but as far as trance goes, this would have been easy to listen to with one or two more elements going on. The bigger problem is the almost complete lack of source. It gets used about 25% of the song, though the chords are used a good deal. Wasn't enough of a connection to me, so going no for that reason.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

2:38 before the source comes in is really pushing it. ;) And when it DOES come in it's identical to the source, no real variation or alteration. The woodwind counter-melody was pretty nice but not enough to keep it interesting and fresh. You keep the chordal structure but that's not a close enough tie to the source, especially considering how standard the source chords are.

Production was pretty good and the transitions were nice. Sadly you missed the mark on the arrangement, at least as far as OCR is concerned. Not a bad track at all, I bet many would enjoy it, but too liberal for OCR.

NO