FridgeRacer (Mother 3)

Second ever post after years of lurking = GO! :-o

Okay, so I'm a huge Mother fan... and so I love this. I totally forgot it was the Fridge song; in the music player I think it's called "Flying Watchamacallit", which I ASSUMED was the Mr. Saturn Bird... Cage... Contraption.

I'm not very.... technical about music, so I don't know how helpful this will be, but...

I like the intro, but I think that the song on the whole is a bit reptitive? About halfway through you just kinda start over and repeat. I do like the melody you made to go with it, and I agree that it needs something to go with it, the original song it too plain by itself. I've always thought that the Love Theme (or the faster town version

) would go well with the chord progression? Or maybe you could incorporate the Sky Runner theme from Mother 2, another similar song? Or something, you've chosen a good direction to start with!

Please keep up the good work! We need more Mother love. :-P

Neat track, got a real 'nod your head to this' feel to it for me.

The areas of just 8 notes over and over near the 1/3rd mark get old too quickly for my taste. They need some help to stay interesting, and/or to be made less powerful.

The choice in synths makes the sound pretty well full, which is a big plus in my book.

A short theme like this really seems to me like it could easily slip in and out of a half-time feel to stay interesting. Just my first impression though.

I like the bits of melody you add, it's a great addition to the otherwise short source, but it gets overpowered by those 8th notes playing on the same note/chord/thing. I think some balance would really help this so I don't struggle to hear the melody.