Peak controller & send channel... (??)

cawnil

Hey, I'm using FL Studio 8. I'm trying to get multiple FX channels to Send to the same Send channel, for the purpose of an effect with a parameter being tweaked via the Peak Controller.

Short story long, I've got a song, and wish to fade the intro in, in a certain way.

The song begins with a drum track in FX channel 1, and a bass track in FX channel 2. There's something like 8 or 16 bars of intro. Instead of fading in the volume, I wish to have both of these channels send to a Send channel with a chorus on it, and adjust the chorus gradually until the song starts and the chorus will drop out. The reason I wish to Send these 2 FX channels to a Send channel is because at the end of the intro, I want to have an unchorused sample, otherwise I'd put the chorus effect on the Master channel.

I understand that I could simply record a live tweaked automation on the chorus, but I wish for something a bit more meticulous, so I want to link the specific knob on the chorus to a controller. That would be a peak controller in another channel, in conjunction with a channel (basically a 3xOsc) using notes in the piano roll to adjust the level, gradually. This should result in the certain knob on the chorus being tweaked according to the velocity of the notes in the 3xOsc which is the only instrument in the FX channel containing the Peak Controller.

But for some reason there's no chorus being applied at all to the tracks being sent to the Send channel which the chorus is in. The Send channel's dB meter shows that there is sound coming through, but it doesn't appear to be putting the chorus on it.

What am I doing wrong?

And thank you very much for any help!

:banghead:

You don't want to use the pre-defined Send channels for this. When you use a pre-defined Send channel, you are always getting 100% dry signal and simply mixing in the wet signal.

Here's what you want to do. Click on the first track (higlighting it) and look at the bottom of the mixer. You should see some arrows there, but the only one lit up will be the master track. This means that your first track is going directly into the master. Click the arrow at the bottom of the master track to deselect it - now, track 1 is going nowhere. With track 1 still highlighted, click the arrow underneath track 3. Now, track 1 is going into track 3, which is going into the master.

Do the same with track 2 - deselect its master output and have it flow to track 3 instead. Once you've done this, track 3 will be the sum of tracks 1 and 2. You can then put your chorus on track 3 and do whatever else you want to it - this will process 100% of the signal from tracks 1 + 2.