RESUB - Kirby Klezmer

theenglishman

I am working on a resubmission of a recently rejected klezmer rearrangement of Kirby Super Star's Gourmet Race. As part of an attempt on my part to avoid repetition, I will be adding other Kirby songs to this arrangement.

My current goals are avoiding repetition and improving the actual quality of the genre conversion.

Current progress here http://www.mediafire.com/?0elxiap60ezq405

Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

The program used was Guitar Pro 5, since I find it to be easy-to-use yet capable of many neat little tricks.

It's a midi. :( Can't complain about sound, then.

I'm thinking adding more sources isn't the right approach. Seems to me like this was rejected for being too conservative (if I'm wrong, ignore me). If so, the problem isn't really gonna go away by adding more sources, it'll just turn into a different problem - "medley-itis". You gotta twist the source more. See what you can do with rhythms, a breakdown, solos (source-based)... stuff.

As a genre adaptation it sounds ok to me, and it's a really cool choice of genre that fits the source well. however, it'll need some more work on personalizing the arrangement before it'll fit on ocr imo.