VGMHQ: YouTube Channel with Modern and Somewhat Overlooked Video Game Music

Nert

2u78780.jpg

Hello, OC Remix community! I recently signed up to share my YouTube channel that I have been working on with everybody. In addition to getting feedback from a community that specializes in music, my hope is that this topic will encourage discussion about both more recent and more obscure gaming soundtracks.

The channel's basic premise is something that's likely familiar to many; my uploads consist of selections from some of my favorite video game soundtracks. In order to serve as a supplement to what has already been done, however, my channel has a few specific focuses. Primarily, my goal is to feature music that comes from either overlooked soundtracks or more recent soundtracks that I'd like to see get some more attention; many other channels on YouTube have already prominently featured uploads from older generations and classic franchises. In addition to this, all of the uploads can be seen in 720p (to allow for a higher audio bitrate), and I don't clutter or interrupt the music with custom introductions, amvs, popups, or any other shenanigans.

This is not to say that I don't enjoy any soundtracks from AAA franchises or that I will never feature them. In fact, a couple of my subscribers have (correctly) pointed out that a few of my selections are already fairly well known. At the same time, I hope that the channel will help introduce people to soundtracks and composers they have yet to hear about.

If you have any feedback for the channel's concept or what has been posted so far, I'd be happy to read it. More broadly, though, I think it would be cool to have this thread exist as a space for people to talk about some of their own favorite modern soundtracks as well. Feel free to post any upload suggestions for the channel as well (this community surely has plenty); several of my uploads have already resulted from suggestions from subscribers and members of NeoGAF and FFShrine.

Linked below are a few songs that I think exemplify the mix that I'm trying to attain. I hope you enjoy them, and thank you for your time!

invAde yOu (from Space Invaders Extreme)

Glass House (from Bully)

The Saboteur Theme (from The Saboteur)

Lamentation (from Sengoku Rance)

Dino Run Theme (from Dino Run)

Trample Machine (from Another Bound Neo)

• 4 months later...