Does nintendo 64 use its own Patches?

If you use Reason, you can easily recreate older synthesizer sounds by creating them yourself with Malstrom or the Combinator. If you use Fruity Loops...well, I am not familiar with that program, but I would suggest looking for a VST. They have a VST for damn near everything.

malstrom , what kind of sytth is it? like a older subtra synth? i will get reason for this

Hold up, some misinformation being thrown about here.

The N64 sound file format does not have it's own 'sound'. There are no generators or synthesizers built into the sound chip like older consoles.

The USF (Ultra64 Sound Format) only consists of a number of samples (which can be recordings of any synth or whatever you like), and some sequence data to play them back. All they do is take very small low-quality (so they could fit on the cartridge) samples and sequence them. The only reason you might feel the console has it's own sound is beacuse many games had the same composers and probably used the same samples.

Also, the Maelstrom synth is a wavetable synth, not subtractive. Reason does have the pretty sweet 'Subtractor' synth which is pretty much what it's called. You can probably find free subtractive synths if you look around though.

Also, the Maelstrom synth is a wavetable synth, not subtractive. Reason does have the pretty sweet 'Subtractor' synth which is pretty much what it's called.

Some pedantry: subtractive simply means that you start with harmonically rich waveforms and then chop away (most of the time by using a filter) everything you don't want.

Yes, it's a wavetable synthesizer - but that does not mean that it's not subtractive, too.

You can probably find free subtractive synths if you look around though.

Synth1 is a good alternative but does not have the digital waveforms Subtractor has, and it lacks some modulation routings.

Some pedantry: subtractive simply means that you start with harmonically rich waveforms and then chop away (most of the time by using a filter) everything you don't want.

Yes, it's a wavetable synthesizer - but that does not mean that it's not subtractive, too.

That's some pretty pedantic pedantry :P. You could argue anything that produces anything more harmonic then a sine wave has the potential to be considered a subtractive synth with that logic. Also the Maelstrom is mostly used to combine two wavetables. If anything it's more additive then subtractive.

Maelstrom is primarily designed to operate as a dual oscillator wavetable synth. Better?

Ah i see, no more getting reason then ;), i already have Subtractive/wavetable synths already, no point of geting it another daw, but i noticed N64 use standerd microsorft synths mixed with programed synths ( and i notice some repeted syles of music) but to me, the N64 sounded like synths and low qualiy samples. i recreated some of the synths by lowering the quality. and i thaught i was doing it wrong :P

Most N64 games use proprietary sequences, which I'm guessing are extremely closely related to GM. Some games stream their music as well. As for the samples used, they vary from game engine to game engine. Most are sampled from popular synths used at the time, lots of Roland and Yamaha samples, as well as samples recorded specifically for the games themselves. But from what I understand you can't expect to rip samples from N64 roms like you can from SPC files because each game has it's own proprietary engine, so creating an SPC type format will take a lot of work when you consider that most of the games do not use a standard sound driver.