Roundwound or Flatwound? Guitar strings

I'm using round(nickel, d-9). Cause flat strings hard to find in my town.

Pleasant, soft but powerful sound, style universality, nice sustain and sells in any music store. Thats what I can to say about my(round) strings.

The only thing I remember about flat's sound, its power and deep-long sustain. Last time I used those strings about 10 years ago, when I took dad's guitar and attempted to play.. was fun.

So which and for what? Stiles, effects sounding.. well, anything You can say about different between Smooth and Rough strings for guitar.

P.S. If I repeat old thread.. Sorry.

If You don't understand what I'm saying.. Google translator-sucks.

Thanks for translation)

I wanted to ask about experience in using round or flat. I don't give a damn on style's rules.

Just want to know, is there someone who tried different strings-type in different genres?

Also I don't think that "Beach Boys" intro is flat wound's "visit card". But I guess you right. That was flat wounds . Cause, those strings was mostly used in that time. I think..

And I heard that flat wounds perfectly uses for "no-scales" bass. Wonder why? What can you tell about it? Some example will be great!!