Looking for help on getting a reese bass type sound to sit better in a mix

ambinate

I've never used a sound like this in a song before so I'm a little unsure of what to do. Obviously it's going to be a pretty dominating force in the mix no matter what, but right now it's got a little too much mud and it's a little too "boomy," and I'd like to cut down on that a bit and add some clarity. Is this possible through eq'ing or something else? I made a pretty big cut around 100 Hz and below that made a lot of difference, but if I start cutting too much above that it starts losing its presence in the mix. Any help would be super appreciated, thanks!

I've never used a sound like this in a song before so I'm a little unsure of what to do. Obviously it's going to be a pretty dominating force in the mix no matter what, but right now it's got a little too much mud and it's a little too "boomy," and I'd like to cut down on that a bit and add some clarity. Is this possible through eq'ing or something else? I made a pretty big cut around 100 Hz and below that made a lot of difference, but if I start cutting too much above that it starts losing its presence in the mix. Any help would be super appreciated, thanks!

make sure the low end of the sound is not panned from your synth it self, always keep low end sounds and basslines ''Mono",but you can pan(haas trick) or stereo mix the mid to higher ends of the synth tho. make sure you not mixing everything loud, and if your adding distortion, make sure it quality distortion.